Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bye Bye Galliano

I'm sure I have like a 6th sense or something. Only about a couple weeks ago, I had come across my old essay I wrote about when I was studying fashion at uni. The assignment required students to research a contemporary designer and a specific collection they designed based on a historical era. I chose to write about Mr John Galliano's S/S 2004 Haute Couture Collection inspired by his then recent trip to Egypt. Simple amazing, this collection was one of my favourites of his. And then what do you know? Only this week, we hear about Galliano getting FIRED from Dior for his drunken anti-semitic rant. Tsk tsk Galliano, what have you done? Overall, I am quite disappointed by this whole scandal, in Galliano and especially by whoever it was that leaked the video. But what's done is done and I'm anxious to see who the replacement Galliano will be. Definitely will be a hard act to follow.x

No comments:

Post a Comment