Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Palace on Victoria.

As I was leaving to get to a job I was doing for Storm tonight, police tape surrounded the block around my apartment, the road was blocked off and there were lots of cop cars, fire engines and large crowds. Not wanting to be late, we just left- the cop let us drive through the 'DO NOT ENTER' tape :p. Found out after the Storm job (which consisted of us strutting around Millford Centre Mall handing out Storm lookbooks and consuming free food and bubbles!), that my road was blocked off due to 124 year old history building, The Palace, being set to be demolished because of large metre cracks spotted early this afternoon. Built in 1886, this building is a landmark of Auckland. People are still milling around 17 storeys below as I type this and it is believed that the building will no longer be there by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment